After a very long wait, Coins.ph finally offers an Ether Wallet for people to easily buy and sell Ethereum in the Philippines, overtaking SCI’s Buybitcoin.ph platform.
The said option is now being rolled out to select users of the Coins.ph mobile app for testing and hopefully, if all goes well, it will be available for all.
Hi Decreo, we’ve been listening very closely! There is currently an initial test of an Ethereum wallet on Android. We are excited to make this available to a wider audience although there is no timeline for this yet. For updates, stay tuned to our social media pages
— Coins.ph (@coinsph) February 8, 2018
When asked about the release, this is their reply.
Hi! Stay tuned to our social media pages for updates on when the ETH wallet will be available!
— Coins.ph (@coinsph) February 9, 2018
How to Buy Ethereum using Coins.ph?
- Create a Coins.ph account on our Android app, iOS app, or website, if you don’t already have one.
- Cash in through any outlet. To get your funds instantly, cash in through 7-Eleven, Cebuana or M Lhuillier. For 100% fee rebate, cash in through UnionBank.
- On your main wallet screen, swipe right to see your Ethereum wallet. Tap the Send or Receive icon, and you’ll see an Ethereum wallet creation screen.
- On the Ethereum wallet creation screen, just slide the button to create your wallet. Creating your wallet costs a one time 20 PHP fee. This fee goes to the Ethereum network. Coins.ph does not profit from this fee.
- Next, tap the Convert icon on your main wallet screen to convert PHP to ETH.
- Enter the amount of PHP you would like to convert to ETH. Slide the button to convert, and you’ve now bought Ethereum!
*Screenshots courtesy of Coins.ph.