Bittrex, one of the top cryptocurrency exchange is set to remove 82 Altcoins off from their exchange. The news came out on March 10, 2018 but it seems that not everyone knows about what’s about to happen, as reported by The Merkle and CCN just recently.
The reason for delisting was not totally given however, based on Bittrex Token Removal Policy, these factors might have been the reason why these altcoins needs to be removed.
Although not exhaustive, below is a list of factors that Bittrex generally reviews when determining whether to delist a token or remove a market:
- Evolving regulatory standards and other compliance issues
- Poor implementation of use cases or poor reception by community
- Blockchain or related technology becomes compromised or defective
- Token no longer supported by token team or others
- Limited trading volume on the exchange or potentially suspicious trading activity
- Experience with token applicant/team and their responsiveness to information requests
- Violation of Bittrex’s terms of service or token listing agreement
- Complaints by users or traders of the token
This is the statement of Bittrex on March 10, 2018:
Occasionally, there are circumstances that lead Bittrex to remove a coin’s wallet or market from the Bittrex Exchange. These actions are taken to ensure customers have access to digital tokens that continue to meet our strict coin listing criteria and have a properly functioning blockchain and wallet.
We will be removing the wallets included in the list below on March 30, 2018. Once these wallets are removed, we will no longer be able to recover these coins. Users must withdraw their coins before March 30, 2018, in order to keep them. The coins marked with an asterisk (*) have broken blockchains or wallets that will not allow withdrawals. In those cases, the inability to withdraw your balance is not due to the Bittrex Exchange platform, but is caused by a problem with the underlying blockchain or wallet associated with that coin.
List of Altcoins that will be removed on March 30, 2018: